Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Weekend Update

Over the weekend we got quite a lot done surprisingly. Friday was a bit of a disappointment, but as we had stuff to do Saturday and needed the car it was probably a good thing. Ben was ill so we didnt go round to Sarah and Glenn's.

Got up pretty early on Saturday and headed into town, moving money around and stuff, it was also my birthday! Unfortunately no birthday head for me though, and all my presents have been converted into IKEA vouchers for later. We went to tescos on the way home and got some stuff for the house. Housey stuff you never really think about, like bins, toilet stuff, draining racks, crap like that.

Then I spent all day assembling shelves! YAY! Just what I wanted for my birthday! But they were all done and I got to watch Ice Age later. The dudes came round for our house warming, I got one of those plug in your TV controller game system thingies with a few cool old school games on it, so now I can play Sonic and Golden Axe! My friends know me so well... Everyone had to leave quite early though as Glenn was ill and Jayne and Al got a lift home.

Sunday was just as uninteresting and I don't think we did much. We went to Tescos and bought stuff for our Thai Curry. Our first 'proper' cooking attempt! Then we went around to my parents house to drop off the dyson (Oh yeah, the red candle dropped off the TV onto our new white carpet, Double YAY!) and to sort out our loan. Then we went home, made dinner and slacked about.

We got up early on Monday, my day off, so we would be up in time for the storage guys to get here, as they were supposed to be here around 9am. So we got up and then when they didnt turn up phoned at about 10:30am. Turns out they'd got their days wrong! They were coming tomorrow, which was great as we were at work then. They ended up delivering the stuff at 7:30pm, and we wasted our entire day. Triple YAY! We got some stuff unpacked before going to bed.

So tonight I'm back to assembling and unpacking, should be fun! Hopefully we'll be sorted by the end of the week.

No comments: