Wednesday, April 26, 2006

4GB Hard Drive for DS

Datel has released a Hard Drive for the DS, so you can now watch Films and stuff on your DS. I think this is genius and I plan on buying one very very soon. Although I may have to wait until I buy a DS Lite as well...

Anyway you can see a small article on IGN here. The article also includes something very interesting which I found at the bottom:
"Thanks to some recent advances in DS hacking circles, Datel is even including software that will be able to launch applications on the DS, allowing for the possibility of some retro-emulation action."

Now to me this sounds excellent for a number of reasons. This means that the DS can pretty much become a handheld computer, as you now have 4GB to put any program you want on it, like Browsers, music players, notepads, calendars, alarms, emulators, whatever you can think of that may be handy to have on the move. Genius! I'd love some emulators though, I know for a fact that the Monkey Island games have already been adapted, this will just make them easier to play. I can't wait...

Tags: ,

No comments: