Monday, April 24, 2006

St George's Day, Blackouts and a 28oz T-Bone Steak

Sunday was alllllllll good. Apparently it was St George's Day I discovered after most of it had gone past. I don't see why it is the Irish get so excited about St Patrick's Day, but no one else bothers with their own saint's days. It's not like George couldn't have Patrick, he killed a Dragon for God's sake, that's much cooler. Most people don't even know what St Patrick did! We should make a bigger deal, and have Dragon Burgers and pint's of warm beer or something.

As we were coming home in the Taxi on Saturday night there was quite a large blackout over some parts of York. It was a bit weird as the streets were all dark and the traffic lights weren't working, which was interesting. I've not seen one that size in York before, I hope it doesn't become common!

I went out for dinner with my parents, my sister and Viv on sunday Night, as it was my birthday 3 weeks ago and we hadn't had a chance yet. We went to the Nag's Head near my house but the power was out so we went to the Agar Arms instead. The Agar Arms is in the middle of nowhere around York, but it's food is excellent. I ordered a 24oz T-Bone Steak, but they didn't have any, so I could either have a 16oz (2 sizes down), or a 28oz, the largest. So of course I went bigger. The steak was fantastic, I got a nice sauce with it as well. It certainly is a lot of meat! But I think I could've had more, I should get in training!

No comments: