Friday, April 28, 2006

The Beerbelly

Ever had trouble getting any kind of alcohol into an organised event, such as a football game, a concert or a festival? Then the answer to all of your prayers is here! In the form of the Beerbelly. This is an absolutely genius idea, hiding drink in a fake stomach, in order to carry it into the event.

I don't know about you, but I've found buying drinks in any of these events is absolutely ridiculous. At the Reading Festival you can expect to pay anything up to £5 for a pint. Small bottles of water are £2, where they would normally be only 20-50p in a shop.

Here's a few excuses from the website in case you get caught with one by security staff during a search:


  • This is a medical device that I think we’d both prefer not discussing or viewing in public.

  • My wife is pregnant and, as part of our maternity class, I have to develop empathy by wearing this thing around in order to look fat and give myself backaches.

  • Department of Homeland Security. We’re testing a new stealth form of body armor to protect our undercover agents overseas in the Global War on Terror. Don’t make me shut this place down.

  • It’s full of urine, so step back or you’re gonna be sorry.

  • It’s part of my religion to wear this…non-Muslim, of course.

  • Want a beer?



Personally I can't wait to get one, it'll save me a fortune! Also available in the UK at Firebox

Tags: , ,

No comments: