Friday, April 07, 2006

Reading Festival Lineup SUCKS ASS!

I saw the lineup a few days ago and OH. MY. GOD. It blows. It sucks. It is the very definition of suckage.

I mean come on! What kind of headlining acts are Muse, Franz Ferdinand and Pearl Jam. This was supposed to be a metal festival, what the hell happened? Now take a look at Download Festival instead: Tool, Metallica and Guns N' Roses, that kicks ass! Even the next line down from the headliners is more awesome: Deftones, Korn and Prodigy.

I've been to the Reading Festival for the last 7 years, it's become an event amongst my friends, it pretty much IS our Summer Holiday, plus it's a chance to meet up with some old friends, and see a bunch of cool bands. But this year I don't want to go. I'm not gonna pay £200+ to go and sit in a field for 3-5 days and get drunk with my friends, I can do that at a campsite for a fraction of the price, plus have clean toilets and showers!

Sorry Reading, your cool and all, but that lineup is pitiful. I'm not Indie, and I'm not Emo, I'll go to Download, where the metal is. It's been great but it's time to move on.

RIP Reading Festival (1999-2005)

No comments: