Monday, October 10, 2005

Uneventful Weekend

Didnt really get up to much over the weekend. We went out Friday night, I had quite a lot of vodka while watching Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, then Viv and I got a bus back into town and went to O'Neills to meet up with Jayne, Al, Martin and Jim, and to see Viv's work mate Kerry's husband's (Zack) band. They were pretty good, they did lots of covers of otehr bands, but did them well and it was a good choice of music, Nirvana, Metallica, Foo Fighters, Green Day, all the favourites :) After the band we went back to Jayne and Al's and drank some more before going home very drunk.

Didnt do much on saturday, I started reading 'The Drawing of the Three' the second book in the Dark Tower series, which is pretty good. Viv went to work during the day to do some overtime as she is very busy next week. Then we watched Elizabeth and that's about it.

Sunday we drove to the Designer Outlet, to get some bras for Viv but couldn't find any she liked, then we went to Monk's Cross and Clifton Moor to have a look there as well. Viv didn't get anything, but I got some ear phones (which I forgot to bring to work today) and then we went to the cinema, which cost us £6! And they wonder why fewer people are going to the cinema nowadays. It's not because of piracy you dumb bastards, it's because the ticket prices are ridiculous! I can watch as many films as I want, less than 6 months after they are released, for £15 a month, OR, I can go and see less than 3 films at the cinema for the same price, what are you gonna do? Yeah, I'd save up for a decent sized TV and just watch them at home as well...

Which is a shame, because I like going to the cinema...

No comments: