Friday, October 21, 2005

Lufbra: Journey to Hell

Or so Viv thought anyway. Needless to say, the trip to Loughborough was not fun. I left work at 16:30 and got home by about 18:00, having caught a train and a bus. Viv was already there. We packed the car and headed off, it was dark and raining. Viv later said she had been in fear of her life for pretty much all of the drive. I did get scared in a few places, but I suppose driving inches away from a lorry on your left, and only a foot away from oncoming traffic on your right, while it's dark and raining so hard you can't really see will do that to you.

It was a bad trip, but we got there about 20:30, after stopping for Burger King and being slowed down by the crap traffic. But I think seeing everyone (Nick, James, Henry, Barry and Paul) and getting drunk made up for it and I had a great night. Viv on the other hand didnt. She wasn't feeling great about herself as we had to rush to get out by 22:00, then she got in a fight with a girl who insulted her during the Michael Jackson tribute guy (who I don't remember!). Then we had an argument later on the way home (neither of us can remember what about!) and she stormed off. I met her later and we got back to Barry's ok.

No comments: