Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The DS - Best Handheld... EVAR!

It really is ace, I've been playing it on the train to work and back everyday for quite some time now. The batteries last ages and then I leave them to charge overnight, so it's pretty much free to run.

The games I have for it are amazing! As well as the fact that it plays all the old GBA games. I have Advance Wars DS, which I have currently clocked up about 50 hours playing, not bad for £25. Then MarioKart DS, simply the best MarioKart I have ever played, and am still playing. I havent had a chance to get online with it yet, as my Nintendo USB thingy is useless, I think it may be the firewall screwing up, but I can't be sure. Still it is superb! I've also just bought Meteos, which is also great. It's like futuristic Tetris, you move blocks around to make lines of 3 or more of the same color, and then they launch up the screen :) Even the first game I bought Project Rub, was really good as it used the touch screen in interesting and weird ways. I've also got Bust a move on order, which is one of my favourite games.

Theres also loads of other games coming and around that I dont have, Castlevania DS is incredible hard to get hold of bizzarely, but looks really good. I'm also looking forward to the second DS version of games, where the touch screen can be used to greater effect and the graphics can be improved.

But my favourite feature about the DS is that its fun! It's brilliant, I'm entertained, it's pretty much above a N64, but with a touch screen and in my hand! I carry it with me everywhere, it's a little heavy, but the enjoyment it brings is worth the weight :D

No comments: