Monday, January 09, 2006

And this weekend I bought... A Flat!

That's right! I wasn't expecting to, and me and Viv havent been looking at all. Viv's been bugging me about moving out of my parents, shes getting fed up, although I'm loving saving money. We saw in the property press on thursday a deal for some new flats being built down the road from my parents. At under £100K that's cheap for York so we booked an appointment for Sunday at 12, even though the lady said they may be gone by then.

So after a heavy night we woke up at 11:30 on Sunday, Viv phoned to see if there were any left and we were told there was only 1 remaining. So I got up, showered, and we went to have a look. It was really nice, even though we saw a show flat. The living room is gonna be big, which sold me straight away. The kitchen will be small, which isnt a problem, the bedroom looks a fair size and overall for under £100k it's a bargain!

So after chatting for a bit me and Viv decided to go for it, as its only a £500 deposit, and someone else who was keen was turning up later. So we went home to tell my parents, who said go for it, so we got my cheque book and headed back. Now I'm gonna have to start saving, legal fees and all that :)

No comments: