Thursday, May 11, 2006

New Buses in York

I had my first ride on York's new buses this morning. Usually Viv and I get a lift from my Mum as she drives past our house on the way to work. She then drops us at the Train Station in York, which I then get to Leeds. Viv works just across the road from the Station. Every Thursday my Mum goes to College, so we have to get a bus.

We used to get a normal bus like every other route in York. Oldish buses, with a driver that you paid, who then gave you change if you needed it.

The new buses are not like this. They are weird futuristic buses, that kind of look like coaches. The inside is big, as the bus is very long, but there is only 1 more chair in these buses than the old ones, despite them being nearly twice as long as a normal bus. Theres a lot of standing room, woooo! Everyone wants to stand! I don't see why they didnt put more seats in.

There are weird machines that take money, BUT DO NOT GIVE YOU CHANGE. This is just weird. Surely a machine in this day and age, being given coins all day, should be able to figure out what you've given it, and give you back the rest? Even vending machines can do that! We can buy tickets in advance from a shop, which is quite handy, but only if you want a week or a month pass. As I only use the bus a few times a week, this is useless to me. Apparently I can text for 10 tickets, but I don't know how long they are valid for, or if they'll work on my phone.

As you may have guessed, my first impressions of this new bus weren't great. But we did get a free ride as the ticket machine was broken. Hopefully this will be a regular occurence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shopping the cheap battery,you can see from here.