Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Car Wheel Drama

And I thought this was going to be easy! I should know better by now...

Everytime it seems we are going to go to Portsmouth to visit Viv's Dad, we have some kind of car trouble. It's fucking frustrating, because it's expensive, and it's always just before we need to use the car. Last time our car got written off! Which was kind of the exclaimation point on the end of a similar run of bad luck. So we caught the train. Unfortunately this isn't an option this time as we'd have to pay for all of our tickets and the train is, to be honest, a ripoff.

Kwikfit finally got back to me saying the wheel would be £93. That's not funny. I phoned around to find a dealer and got a more reasonable, but still large price of £56. Great. I need to phone the guy back and give him my wheel size and stuff before he orders it to make sure we get the right one. I've also got to ask my Dad to see if the price is reasonable and see if he can get anything better. The main problem is that the wheel then needs to be delivered, which can take 48hrs, or until Saturday. I then need to get the tyre put on it, which Kwikfit said they do for free, so that's cool.

I just hope it get's here before Saturday, or we won't be going to Southampton.

Tags: , , ,

No comments: