Friday, November 25, 2005

Strangeness in the Computer

My computer has been strange this week. I havent really used it for a while, as I had no reason to, then I bought and played Civ 4, which was good, and had no problems. Then John from work copied me Quake 4 and FEAR. I installed FEAR and got some sound problems and an error kept popping up at startup, but other than that, nothing much else happened. Last weekend I played Quake 4 for a day, then a few days later, it wouldnt start. I found this really weird.

Restarting in safe mode and deleting Quake 4 and FEAR, after trying a few other things, seemed to sort this out, and the PC started fine. Then yesterday I went to play Civ 4 and it wouldn't load again. I took the DVD of Civ 4 out of the drive and restarted without a problem. Now I dont know if this is due to the DVD being in the drive, or something left over from Quake 4 or FEAR, which are still off the PC, but it's never happened before. I'll have to check it this weekend to see if it happens again and if it is the DVD, I hope not, I like Civ 4...

No comments: