Monday, September 26, 2005

Daily Grind

Back to the grind stone again. I'm back at work now, head down as usual.

The weekend was largely uneventful, got very drunk Friday and Saturday, having great fun both nights, with Friday night ending with a very large fire in Glen's garden, melting a plastic flowerbed and consuming several boxes full of stuff, including an old housemates shirts and some christmas decorations. Saturday ended with Viv asleep again, after ordering a taxi, I did re-discover Space though, which was good.

I bought Appleseed over the weekend, which was pretty good, it's got a nice style to it, a cross between animation and CGI, and some of the scenes look spectacular, and the action is brilliant. Viv also bought Charlotte's Web and made me watch it, although I was reading Vernon God Little at the time. I'd forgotten how pathetic Wilbur is in that film, whining away and fainting all the time, he's never happy and it's all about him. I finished Vernon God Little, and while the book was quite depressing, getting gradually worse and worse, the book has a very good ending, which I found very satisfying. Now I am bookless until I either get the book I ordered from play.com, or get myself the PSP I've been promising myself. Until then I'll just play Fire Emblem on my DS on the train.

No comments: