Thursday, February 02, 2006

Four Things

After looking at a few other blogs I've seen a few of them doing this, it's not the normal crap questionnaire, so I thought I'd do my own:

Four Jobs I've had:

1. My first job was working at Moat House in York, that was ok, I was there for a few years working in the holidays while I was at boarding school. I started a few days before my 16 birthday, shh, don't tell anyone!
2. Packing toys. Me and a friend got a job packing toys for a guy in Canada while we were there, it was in his basement, at a really nice house on the side of a mountain, getting there was fun as we were always scared of bears.
3. Gas Station Attendant/A&W Cook, this was also in Canada, probably the best job I ever had. The midnight shift in an Esso garage, I never had to do anything, and ran up big phone bills calling Viv in England. I still feel guilty about that... I also worked in the attached A&W, cooking burgers and whatever on the grill, I loved that.
4. Working at a cafe in the National Railway Museum in York. A bit of crap job, clearing tables and waiting, but the museum was nice and the pay was better than the Moat House.

Four Movies I could watch forever

1. The Usual Suspects - I've already seen this film too many times, but I could watch it again and again, it's amazing.
2. High Fidelity - Once again I've proved I could watch this forever by watching it too many times.
3. White men can't jump - I've already gone through 3 copies of this film, I finally bought a DVD version.
4. Fight Club - Every time I watch it I notice something different.

I'm not sure about the last one, but I could watch it again and again. If this were the only four films I could ever watch ever again, I may have to rethink the list.

Four places I have lived

1. Hope, Canada - Or more precisely, Sunshine Valley. An absolutely gorgeous place, filled with friendly people, I loved Canada, and I want to go back as soon as possible.
2. Episkopi, Cyprus - While it was good for holidays there wasn't much to do when you lived there for a year, and I wasn't old enough to appreciate the nightlife. But I did lose a lot of weight swimming every day for a year.
3. Paderborn, Germany - Another very nice place to live, a very big and environmentally conscious country, with big forests to walk in and hills to climb. And holidays were always fun as we would camp or go skiing.
4. Calshot, Southampton, England - Right near the beach at Southampton, you can see the Isle of Wight. Good to play on and catch Hermit Crabs.

Four TV Shows I love

1. Lost - Brilliant, simply brilliant.
2. House - Also fantastic, the character of House is one of the best I've seen in a long while and Hugh Laurie is soooo good.
3. CSI/CSI:NY - Don't mention CSI:Miami, Heratio Caine is a dick, I hate him with a passion.
4. My Name is Earl - Unfortunately on friday night, so I often forget to tape it.

Four Places I have Holidayed

1. Cairo, Egypt - Nice buildings, the Pyramids were cool, shame about the people trying to sell you stuff all the time.
2. Orlando, Florida - Home of DisneyLand, SeaWorld and many other attractions.
3. Banff, Canada - The Skiing and scenery was awesome
4. Garmisch-Partenkirken, Germany - Once again great skiing and scenery, but staying in a caravan in 3 feet of snow and freezing temperatures adds to the 'Family Feel' of the holiday.

Four of my favourite dishes

1. Sunday Roast - Every Sunday my mum cooks a roast, and it's always good.
2. A Fry Up - Nothing quite says 'Heart Attack' like a fry up after a heavy nights drinking.
3. BBQ - Anything on our BBQ at home, it tastes better and always comes with Potato Salad, that I could eat a bucket of.
4. Bangers and Mash - Childhood favourite, but has to have baked beans, not gravy

The last one was tough, I could've mentioned Goat, Lamb, Chinese, Curry, Steak or anything like that. Bangers 'n Mash was the first that came to mind though.

Four sites I visit Daily

1. The LSN Forums - More like hourly
2. IGN.com
3. Used Hack
4. Dooce

Four places I would rather be right now

1. In my new house, with Viv, watching TV and smoking a joint.
2. Skiing in Canada, prefferably at Whistler.
3. In bed, with Viv.
4. On holiday, not sure where, a beach somewhere possibly

No comments: