Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I ache

Do not do Tae Bo. It hurts.

Me and Viv had a great idea two weeks ago, when we were drunk and watching info-mercials at a friend's house. We should've just stopped right there and taken a good long look at ourselves, what were we doing?!? It involved Tae Bo. We've been looking to quit the gym as it's expensive, we need the money and it takes up too much time. Getting some excercise DVDs and doing it at home seemed excellent, and I'd heard good things about Tae Bo. So I ordered a set of 4 DVDs for £7.99, bargain! The gym costs £60 a month, we'll be rich!

We watched two workouts through to get an idea. That's when we started worrying, I got the hint it was going to be hard from the fact even the instructor looked like someone had thrown a bucket of water over him, he was sweating that much. On Monday Viv convinced me we should give the Basic one a go. I still hurt now. I have also discovered I have the coordination of a drunk spastic, and rhythm to match. The DVDs require quite a good level of flexibility, which I don't really have, fitness, which I don't really have, and balance, which I have apparently lost all control over.

At least we're getting more excercise anyway. Sure we have to take 3 days after to recover, but we're getting there. Hopefully after a few tries I won't look like a bad white breakdancer trying to get the ants off himself, and instead I will have transformed into a young Chuck Norris, ready to roundhouse kick my way to work everyday.

Tags: , ,

No comments: